These are the rules. Draw four cards: two for character, two for plot. Use the content of these cards to construct a story. Regular storytelling guidelines apply: characters should feel reasonably well developed, there needs to be some kind of conflict, and the protagonist should change over the course of the story. And I'm sticking to my Friday Flash Fiction constraints of keeping my story to 600 words or fewer.
And... [drumroll]... here are the cards I've drawn:
- Character: "Eavesdropper"
- Character: "Person who takes shortcuts"
- Plot: "Road is closed"
- Plot: "Bad directions" (serendipitous, these two plot cards--I swear I didn't cheat.)
- Character: "Employee in a fastfood restaurant"
- Character: "Person of a different size than most people"
- Plot: "First night alone"
- Plot: "Wedding"
- Character: "Slacker"
- Character: "Person who needs to remove a tattoo right away"
- Plot: "Confession"
- Plot: "What was that sound?"
- Character: "Practical joker"
- Character: "Person with a devastating secret"
- Plot: "Enormous stuffed animal"
- Plot: "Birthday"