The five stories are named after the Hebrew names of the books of the Torah--which are taken from the first words of those books. The Biblical name (or a translation, where applicable) appears italicized in the first sentence of each story. They ran in reverse order. Here they are:
- Deuteronomy (second law) - "Words/Things" (Devarim)
- Numbers - "In The Desert" (Bamidbar)
- Leviticus (regarding the Levis) - "And He Called" (Vayikra)
- Exodus - "Names" (Shemot)
- Genesis - "In The Beginning" (Bereshit)
I hope you've enjoyed this little game, as I have. This Friday we'll return to our regular weirdness, jocularity, and gut-punch sentimentality.